Saturday, March 20, 2010

So, this is Spring . . .

This was yesterday.

This was today.
Really, what more is there to say about that?
Instead, I will tell you something I adore about Daniel these days.
Daniel hands out spontaneous words of affirmation lately.
I love it!
The other day he told me "Josiah is a good boy."
He told my mom today, "You're my friend, Meem."
And while he was watching Joe paint the kitchen he said, "My dad's a good guy!"
And in the car on the way home he said, "You're my mom! I love you"
He comes out with stuff like this every once in a while.
Totally unsolicited bits of love.
Gifts of the most precious sort . . . to a mom, and a dad, and a meem.
Another valuable lesson from my young son. . . tell those you love and appreciate often how much you love and appreciate them, and just what you think of them.
It will make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Even if it's a snowy afternoon.
Here is a dimintive snowman my boys made together this afternoon. It was too cold to make one any bigger than this!!

1 comment:

Shelden said...

Tell me about change in weather! On Friday my family was going on water rides! haha. The next day it was snowing in Kansas!!!