Friday, March 26, 2010

Feeling kind'a . . . green

Beautiful today.
The grass is greening.
The air is warming.
The sun lights up the world.
This new season is growing into itself.
It was the quintessential Spring day.
If you look Spring up in the dictionary, you may very well find this day as the definition.
It was the perfect day for a GQ Baby photo shoot!
And the perfect day for Daniel to ride his tricycle in the school parking lot.
Don't these flowers Josiah and Daniel picked for me from grandpa's yard yesterday look so happy to be sitting in the sunshine? Positively ecstatic!
It was so green today. I could see green. Smell green. I wanted to taste green. So I got some green things. Gorgeous asparagus . . . green peppers, avocados, a little lime. A threw in a few other fresh veggies, and cooked up vegetable fajitas, with some grilled chicken strips on the side. I added some Spanish rice and black beans, and we had a truly delicious, fresh, green meal! Delightful! The best thing about dinner tonight? My two older sons fighting over the asparagus! I actually gave some of the asparagus on my plate to them to keep the peace! Although. . .  it is the kind of argument I wish they always had . . . who will get the last of the vegetables.
It's been a long, full day, and there is much to do tomorrow. I will be working at mom's house all day, getting it ready for new appliances and counter-tops that are arriving next week. So, in the words of Danny, I'm gonna go "take a sleep" now.

1 comment:

Cheri' said...

What "refreshing" post! I loved it!