Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pine wood derby and other stuff . . . .

Last night, the boys had their Boy Scout pine wood derby races.
Our boy's cars were cool!
They were by far my favorite, but they weren't very fast this year.
Isaac came in third in his division.
That was about it . . . but boy, those cars were cool.
It was fun, even though we weren't the winners, which the boys accepted graciously.
Besides, they pretty much cleaned up at the last pine wood derby race. It was someone else's turn this time.
This is Isaac's car.

This is Josiah's.
I would definitely drive those cars . . .if I could get in 'em.
Here are some more pics.
All the boys did really well, and all the cars were great!!
Congratulations, winners! Good job!
While we were at the races, Daniel was playing with a friend of ours who had her ipod with her. She let him put an ear bud in his ear and turned the music on.
Daniel's eyes got so big.
He took the earpiece out and looked at it.
He put it back in.
He took it out again.
He put it back in.
And out one more time, he held it out to me, quizzical look in place, and said "This thing is strange."
He was so serious. Everyone around us cracked up.
 Later, when we came home from the races, Daniel had his frist taste of a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie. He said, "What is this? A gum cookie?"
And still later (he had a late nap . . .) we were watching his favorite Harold and the Purple Crayon, the one about dinosaurs, when a volcano in the story erupted and lava began to chase Harold and the dinos. "Look mom! That volcano's spicy!! Spicy fire!"
He had me laughing all night!
This one takes the hip-hop cereal award.
Today, I was home with Josiah, who woke up with a fever.
When he got of bed, he had a big bowl of Honey Smacks cereal.
"Wow. It's been a long time since I've had Honey Smacks!" I commented.
"What are these?" Josiah asked.
"Honey Smacks." I answered.
"Honey Smacks!" Josiah echoed in an incredulous and deflated voice.
"I thought they were Homey Smacks! I was eating Homey Smacks!"
Too much.
Later, he said, "Know where I want to work when I grow up, mom? Starbucks! Know why?"
This time, he let me answer, "why?"
"Because if you work there, they give you a free medium cup of coffee!!"
He was pretty excited about it. It warmed my heart that such a small thing meant so much to him.
I  hope that does not change about him.
Though he was sick, and very much not feeling well today, Josiah played with his little brother so well, and they had a good time together.
Early afternoon, though, Jo climbed up in his bunk bed and said to me, "I just can't do it anymore."
He rested for a long time.
He is still running a low temp, so we will be home tomorrow.
Drat! ; )
In other news . . . we put our house on the market yesterday.
We are going to move to my mom's. We will remodel the upstairs, and live there, and she will live downstairs. The house is big enough and separate enough that I think it will be a comfortable transition and a good arrangement.
We had our first looker today.
We have another one Thursday.
We'll see.
This is just some stuff for now . . . I'm sure I'll have more stuff later!

No comments: