Sunday, March 21, 2010

Faithfulness

I have mentioned that I have endured a "winter of the soul" of late.
Several weeks ago, I even told Joe that I have felt like a dying tree.
I was so ready for Spring, both in a literal and spiritual sense.
Ready to shed the heaviness, the cold, the stiffness that had set in.
Ready to walk out barefoot in the grass and tilt my face to the Sun and breathe the warm air full of life.
Ready to reach out my limbs to the heavens, warmed to the point of budding again. Stirred to the roots with living.
I got a taste of it. It was intoxicating. And it woke a hope in my heart that my spiritual stupor was coming to an end . . . a hibernation spell broken by the kiss of a new season.
Which is why I watched in dismay as the sky shook out snow all day yesterday.
"Will it ever change? Will I ever change?"
"Will it be winter forever?"
Not wanting to face the snow, I almost forsook the gathering together today.
I almost stayed home, in hibernation mode.
But I did not.
I listened to words about Jesus the liberator that set me free.
And today, I had an encounter with God that will change who I am forever.
I asked questions.
He answered, and began to heal and affirm.
It was so unexpected.
A sudden burst of life where there was only dying before.
And I knew, no matter what it looks like . . .or even what I feel like (especially what I feel like), Spring is here.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I have felt the same way. You put it so beautifully into words. And that last picture...GREAT summary!

Jamison said...

Nice pics.

_Molly