Saturday, March 1, 2008

Let them eat cake!


I got this idea from a blog I stumbled upon a few weeks ago called As Cozy as Spring. The author of that blog got the idea from another blog, Angry Chicken. Both blogs are nifty -- you should check them out.
Anyway, ever since I saw this idea, I've been dying to try it.
Today was the perfect day for just such a project.
It was so easy, and they are so adorable! And quite tasty, too. You can decorate the jar lids for all kinds of different occasions, and they are so much fun for the kids.
All I did was to make up a cake mix, grease the inside of the jars (I used 1/2 pint jars) , fill the jars about 1/3 of the way, and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Wallah!
For the topping, I made a chocolate ganache, which, again, easy, easy, easy! Boil one cup of heavy whipping cream. Once it boils (be careful and keep an eye on it because it will boil over very easily) wisk it into 9 ozs. of semi-sweet Baker's chocolate (or a sweeter variety if you like). Let it cool a little and pour or spoon it over the cakes.
They almost look too good to eat . . . almost!

1 comment:

D3 said...

That looks so Nummy! I wish there was a way to we could pass food back and forth on the internet. You know, like on Star Trek...
Computer...Earl Grey....hmmm, nuthin', i got nuthin'...dang....