Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I havesome good news and I have some bad news

I'll give you the bad news first. It's always better to end on a high note.
My boys are sick, or at least the older ones are.
The baby seems to be fine so far. Other than learning the word "no" of late, which he definitely does not like. He looks at me with steel eyes and grunts at me when I am forbidding him from something. Ahhh the training stage. Ain't it grand?
I hate when my kids are sick. They look so small and afflicted, and the mother heart in me would do anything I could to take it all away.
But it doesn't work that way. All I can do is pray and hope and believe.
I smooth Jo's hair back as he is leaning over the stool. I whisper in his ear that it will be alright. I pray for him and rub his heaving back. "I can't stand this" he cries.
I know just how he feels. When I was a little girl, getting sick to my stomach was the worst thing that could happen to me. I hated it.
He is so like me in so many ways.
Isaac was sick a few days ago, and true to his nature, he toughed it out. We hardly knew when he needed to throw-up. He just did it. It didn't make me feel any better. I still felt so bad for him.
Isaac is on the mend today, though I kept him from school just to be sure. I love when we are all here together.
Josiah is still in the throes of illness, but things are slowing down, thank God.
The good news is the best kind of news there is.
Josiah asked Jesus into his heart yesterday at kindergarten. Mrs. Harrison prayed with him, and he was broken and ready to give his heart to Jesus, and he did!
I explained to him last night that now Dad and I are also his brother and sister in Christ. He thought that was pretty cool.
For those of you who are wondering what is happening with the house, we are waiting to hear some news on a wall that needs to be fixed (thanks to James Lawson for coming out and giving us the low down), but I believe we will make an official offer sometime this afternoon.
We will be able to get it for much less than we originally thought we would. I went out there with Joe and James yesterday to get the scoop (basically, we need to put a beam in one of the rooms, a job James assured us wouldn't be too hard) and the more I am there the more I like it. It is very peaceful, and the house just has a good feel. I can see us there, which is good, because it seems that is where we'll be in about two months! Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts.
We believe God has his hand on this move.

4 comments:

Patti said...

i'm not going to call it the noga home....you can't make me

why didn't you tell me that josiah asked Jesus into his heart when i spoke with you yesterday?

i don't feel you are being a very good cousin to me :)

hope everyone is better soon and that i'll get to see you tomorrow

Michelle said...

I've been SO curious about the house thing. Thanks for the update.
ENOUGH OF THE SICKNESS ALREADY! My goodness, it's so tiring, and it needs to be over, huh?
Hope everyone your way is healed in a hurry...
Much love,
Michelle

D3 said...

you can call it noga's nook. i'm glad that the situation is working itself out. ahhh, timing. it is everything, isn't it?

wish i were there to help you haul the contents of your 'cottage' (not). this is a chance to clean out the garage and the playroom, etc. etc. so you can accummulate some new junk! how fun!

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

I hate that your boys are sick. I can just imagine that look on Daniel's face! I'm sure that that was great. That is great that you are making your official offer! Well I hope that your kids will feel better.Ego amo te, Abigail
( we miss you in Latin )