Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Electric Company

Remember the public television show from the 70's designed to teach children to read? I used to love it! Now, thanks to DVD box sets, I can enjoy these programs again, and my children can discover and enjoy them too!
My favorite? Easy Reader, of course. Some of the segments are truly "groovy". Josiah is watching an episode now, which is what has prompted this little foray down memory lane.
We have been sick, and it has been hectic around here.
Easter was great! This was Daniel's first. He looked like such a little man. And of course the older boys were handsome as ever.

We had a coffee and pastry bar at church before service to raise money for the school. Yum. It was a great opportunity to chat and connect with friends before coming together to worship.
Worship was amazing, and then we saw a monologue from the perspective of Jesus -- very moving.
After church, we had friends over to help celebrate life in Christ.

It was early to bed Sunday night, as it would be early to rise Monday morning.
And rise early we did. School started Monday after a week off for Spring Break.
I love school. I love teaching and being able to be with my children throughout the day. It certainly keeps me busy though, which is why blogging has slowed down a bit.
Over the break, I learned about lapbooking. Where has that been all my life? I am quite excited about this new (to me) learning opportunity and experience, and I started my students on lapbooks right away.

The Latin students are on Ch. 19 in Latina Christiana I. It's about the constellations, which is perfect for this kind of project.
My Rhetoric students are doing a lapbook on fables.
They will be first attempts.
Hopefully, I will learn more about how to create and use these fun resources in the near future. I think they can be a great learning tool.
After school, Josiah helped Daniel discover bubbles. It's so awesome to watch your child see something for the first time.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Spring, I think, has finally sprung!

Today was filled with doctor visits and medical tests.
A few weeks ago, at homegroup, Scott talked about the miraculous and asked why we don't expect it in our daily lives.
I thought about that as I drove from doctor to doctor today.
I prayed for Daniel and Isaac and Josiah and Joe.
I remembered that by his stripes we are healed. He died not only to save us (which I believe with all my heart), but to heal us.
Heal us, Jesus.

4 comments:

Patti said...

HEY YOU GUYS!
We're gonna turn it on
We're gonna bring you the power
We're gonna light up the dark of night like the
brightest day in a whole new way

sorry....i couldn't help myself

Michelle said...

I LOVED the Electric Company. I don't remember the lyrics like Patti, but I remember the kid yelling, "Hey, you guys!" I also liked Spider Man on there. That's about all I remember. I'll have to check out your DVD's. :)

Shelden said...

I've [of course] never heard of that show. It sounds interesting. Love ya!!! -Shelden

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

Hey! I finished my LapBook! It was so much fun!!!