Saturday, March 29, 2008

Honk if you love . . .

Today was a busy day.
Woke up and had breakfast with the family. Joe made omelets and sausage and cinnamon rolls. I love having breakfast together.
After that, we got the house ready for the buyers to come and see. They have actually never seen it!!
It was chilly and misty all day, but we got out and took a drive in search of cheaper gas. We did find some, but when gas is over $3, cheap is relative.
One hour later, the buyers were still at our house, so we hit some fast food joints for lunch. Another pass by the house, and guess what . . . the buyers were still there.
We headed to mom's and ate there, had some great coffee and talked politics with Ryan. We all came to the same conclusion -- it's looking pretty grim all around.
Isaac and I brought Joe home to get some rest before his shift, and Isaac got a much needed haircut from his Dad.

It was back to mom's after that, and Ryan cooked up a killer dinner -- slow-cooked steak on pita (not pocket pita, but a light and fluffy pita with no pocket -- more like flatbread) with all sorts extras -- cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, sauces of various kinds. Good stuff.
The boys occupied themselves with --yup -- boxes, again (why do we spend money on toys?). This time, they went a little high tech and added some lights to their cardboard hideaway. Inside the box, the boys designed a couch and TV (complete with remote). There were pictures on the walls and, my favorite part, a vase with flowers. They may be tough little guys, but they can appreciate a thing of beauty.

Daniel was fussy on and off all day. I think he is still not feeling his 100%. But he loved being with his new girlfriend -- MeMe, of course.

After dinner, Patty, Ethan, the boys and I went to see Honk! (See previous post for link.) It was pretty good for community theater. I know not to go to local plays with Broadway ideas, but for a small town production, I thought they did a decent job. And you could tell they were having a blast. That is what really counts, what gives a production soul (even if the voices are a bit off key). I would love to do what they are doing! The doctor who delivered Daniel was one of the main characters. It was kind of strange to see her in that roll. We had fun, but it was rather long, and we didn't get out of there until late.

We are home now. They boys are sleeping soundly and I am ready to be.
One more thing . . . somehow, in this busy day, I managed to see August Rush. It's pretty fantastical, and pretty fantastic. I loved it. It has an awesome soundtrack, and definitely made its way on to my "favorite movies" list.

3 comments:

Micah & Sarah said...

Speaking of things being relative, Kevin and Kate told us that gas is $6/gallon here!

We miss you guys, nice haircut, Isaac!

Shelden said...

I didn't realize Isaac lost that much hair! I like building houses out of cardboard also. But I make them model size for polly pockets. Our class saw August Rush for Mrs. Vinardi's birthday. Most of us said it was the best movie we had ever seen. Love you guys, -Shelden

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

I love that movie! I miss Daniel so much! Isaac lokked pretty good with his new haircut!