Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just today

Today finds me getting ready for a visit with a friend.
My feverish younger boys are sitting on the couch, watching a DVD of old cartoons. Well, Daniel is mostly sitting. He has too much energy for all that, even if he is a bit under the weather.
I am listening to a Celtic music CD in the kitchen, sipping my coffee and missing my dad.
St. Patty's Day is around the corner, and while not a day goes by that I do not think about him, it is during seasons like this that I miss him all the more. I can still see him so clearly in my mind's eye: that little smirk, the twinkle in his eyes . . . full of the blarney, mom used to joke.
He was such fun. And wise. He was one of the wisest people I know. And, true to his Irish heritage, he could tell a heck of a story. . .
Speaking of stories, Daniel is obsessed with "ow-side." Everyday he schemes about how to get out the door to roam the wild world. He just came to me with a hat on, his coat on . . . correctly (a first for him!) and a diaper. That's right. No pants, no socks . . . nothing but a diaper. He is smiling in my face and saying in the sweetest singsong, "Ow-side? Ow-side?" You have to give him credit. He is trying!!
It is a chilly day with highs predicted in the 40's, but the days ahead promise to be balmy with highs in the the upper 70's by the end of the week. The excitement of spring shakes the winter from my heart the way one would shake an old, dusty rug until it is fresh and clean again. I anticipate the warmth. I am ready for it.
Well, there are "a million" other things to be done yet, and my cup of coffee is long gone, so I will move on to other occupations, but I wanted to write a bit today . . . because I can!

I will leave you with some pics of the boys . . .

Daniel trying to escape yesterday. He didn't have the coat thing down yet, but what is it with the boy trying to go out with no pants on? And do the boots kill ya?


Josiah, getting some time with those "satisfyin'" books!


Isaac played a basketball game with his school last Saturday. Here are some shots (No pun intended. Okay, of course there was a pun intended).


I love this one . . . Isaac in motion.

4 comments:

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

Are those even Daniel's boots?

Michelle said...

haha Love Daniel's pic. Little ornery soul!

Micah & Sarah said...

I love me some satisfyin' books!

Patti said...

yeah...the picture of him half dressed with boots on is 10x better than you telling me the story - too funny