Saturday, March 28, 2009

Good News!

http://www.oldstuffonly.com/images/0825-10seedpack.jpg
I talked to Gramp this afternoon and he informed me that 10 packets of seeds came in today!! Ironic, isn't it, that they come on the day it decides to snow and snow and snow some more?
Never mind that, though. I am excited, and ready to start getting seeds in the ground. This week, for sure, I will do some planting!!
We are waiting on another shipment, but I think our cold weather stuff, like carrots, peas, green beans, lettuce and spinach came in. I'll get to see what all we got when I go to Gramp's for Sunday dinner tomorrow.
Also, wanted to record Daniel's ongoing evolution in his pronunciation of "ketchup and mustard," which he eats with lots of stuff and so asks for often.
At dinner this evening, it was "shup and mum-etch," for his fries. I like this one. It makes me smile.
Here he is. . . wearing a little!

3 comments:

Patti said...

I love this kid!

Hmm....the security word is "derradad". Sounds like it should be something. I might have to work on a definition for that one.

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

I love that last picture!!

Scott said...

derradad: v. What a child should never do when in trouble.

Good posts Joy. Love kids and working out the language. One of our all time favorite was Avery and "crocagator". Sort of, I can't decide which it should be so I'll try both. Also, happy that your garden is ready for birthing. Looking forward to some vicarious gardening through your blog. It might inspire me to haul in some dirt and a few railroad ties and make my own next year. Our dirt here is mostly clay and not very good for growing stuff.

My security word is "pessi", a new soft drink comes to mind; but one I'd probably rather not drink.

Humm...since I forgot my user id and password, they gave me a new security word..."bullessi". Probably something you do in church, as in "bullessi you".