Saturday, March 14, 2009

The best kind of day

(I posted this on Saturday, and when I tried to add pics, it got sent to drafts. I'm not sure why this happened. Sorry. I will try to add pics again. Have lots to write about these first days of Spring Break. Will write tonight, after our St. Patty's Day celebration. Happy St. Patty's Day, by the way. Are you wearing green?)

Breakfast with good, good friends.
That's how this day began.
Frantic readying for an afternoon wedding.
That came next.
Watching someone dear to our heart marry the love of her life.
Everything changed for her, for them, in a matter of an hour.
Beautiful ceremony, meaningful words, perfect kiss.
Now they are one.
At the reception, talking to friends; catching up with far friends and near friends, laughing, crying, eating, talking some more.
The afternoon wore on.
Now, home to our sick little Daniel, who seems to be having a slow recovery (still a fever yesterday). I missed him so much while we were away from him.
Sun sets out the window, boys read on the couch, Daniel is resting.
I am a lot happy, and a little sad.
Weddings. They do it to me every time.
I sit, watching the sun sinking beneath the horizon, the night coming on, and revisit the day.
A beautiful exchange; a perfect moment in time.
And the road ahead is so different from this fairy tale beginning, so hard sometimes. But I want this shinning time for them to last and last and last.
I hope for them. I wish upon the first star.
I ask Jesus to be with them.
I pray the blessings of God on their lives, on their home, on their family to be, their future.
Congratulations, Jeff and Nicole.
All the best.

Ready for a wedding.

Mr. and Mrs. J!!!

3 comments:

Micah & Sarah said...

This was wonderful, Joy. So inspiring and beautiful. I am so happy for Jeff and Nicole; can't wait to see pictures! I keep hearing how beautiful everything was! Love ya, Sarah

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

That was very beautiful!

Micah & Sarah said...

I was the only person in Korea wearing a green sweater. I owe so many pinches! ~MP