Monday, March 23, 2009

Back at it

This morning, 6 o'clock came way too early!
When I went in to wake up the boys, I tousseled Josiah's hair and said, "C'mon, bud. Time to get up! It's a school day."
I had to do this several times, and on my final, "let's go, Jo, we have to get up now," when he finally began to stir, he said, in a rather sleepy voice as he rubbed his eyes, "Can I get the dust out of my eyes?"
It was so cute. I had to laugh.
And so, it was on with our day.
Dressing and breakfasting and getting gym clothes and bags ready to head out the door.
Kissing dad good-bye and driving through the windy, misty morning to the school.
And in the car, on the way to school, I found myself praying, "God, help me get the dust out of my eyes today."

1 comment:

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

I am really sad that we are back at school!