Sunday, February 14, 2010

I heart Valentine's Day!!

And why wouldn't I?
I have four very handsome and wonderful men in my life to share it with.
Yep. I'm a pretty lucky girl.
It's been more like Valentine's weekend here.
Last week, we made valentines for the boy's classmates and teachers, and I made a Star Wars Clone Valentine box for Josiah's classroom party that was on Friday. It was pretty hooked up, and he loved it, which made all the time it took to make it so worth it. When he saw the box waiting for him on the table Friday morning, his eyes lit up with twinkles and sparkles and a grin took over his whole face. I love that boy!
 
 There was lots of candy and partying and more candy. I want to send out a hearty thank you to all those teachers and friends who thought it was a good idea to sugar my kids up on a Friday afternoon. I'll be plotting my revenge soon. (Just kidding. Actually, we gave out our share of goodies to friends and teachers, so we're all pretty much in the same sugary boat!!!)
The boys had a friend over, and we had heart shaped pizzas from Papa Murphy's  for dinner. That was a lot of fun!
 
 After we cleaned up, we setteled in and watched the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics. It wasn't as spectacular as the summer ceremonies in Beijing, but it was entertaining in it's own right, and some of it was quite delightful. Isaac said that one day, he wants to be at an Olympic opening ceremony. I hope that happens for him. I love that boy!!
Of course, our hearts were heavy for the family and friends of the fallen luge Olympian from Georgia. What a horrible shadow over the Olympic events. I pray that Jesus would be with those who knew Nodar, that He would bring them comfort and that they would come to know Him if they do not know Him already.
Yesterday, we visited Gramp for a while and then when shopping with MeMe. The boys bought me a silver heart necklace and earings that they wanted me to wear on my Valentine date with Joe. And that is just what I did! Joe and I went to Joplin for dinner, and we had a great time talking about the boys and future plans and just . . . everything.
And Joe got me a sweet computer bag. It's a SwissGear and is very elegant, yet holds a ton of stuff, so I no longer have to lug around three bags . . . I can just carry one with everything in it. I love it!!! I'm such a bag girl. I'm a Joe girl too! Gosh, I love that guy!!
Danny woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and a croupy cough. Ugh. So I am home with him this morning. Man, I love that baby boy!!
Before the boys went to church, we gave them their Valentine's buckets, with some candy and books in them. Not too much, but just a little something to let them know we think they are so sweet and we love them!!
Hope you are having a happy Valentine's Day!!

2 comments:

Em said...

Funny moment: When I first started reading this and you said you had "four handsome boys" I mentally started trying to figure out who the 4th handsome boy was, and then it registered you meant Joe as well. Hahaha!
I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day, but your blog made me look forward to future Valentine's Days with Donovan as he gets older.
Love you and missed you at church! Looking forward to coffee tomorrow morning!

Patti said...

Let's talk about those opening ceremonies for a moment. How'd you like Gretzky's face as he waited...and waited...and waited for the cauldron to raise up. You've got to love technical difficulties that happen in front of the entire world.

I hope the closing ceremonies are better.