Saturday, February 6, 2010

Flapjacks!

Our school had a Flapjack Fundraiser at Applebee's this morning. For $5, you got pancakes and a drink.
It was a pretty sweet deal. The pancakes were delicious, even though I am not particularly a pancake fan, and I ate most of mine. The lady from Applebee's who helped us pull it off said it was the most plates they had ever sold for a fund-raising event.
My son, Isaac, bought two tickets with his own money for our next-door neighbors, and treated them to their breakfast today! He went to their door earlier this week to give them their tickets, and told them breakfast was "om him." We saw them there this morning, and they were quite impressed with the whole thing. They made a donation to the school, and I got to connect with them in more than just an "across the fence" kind of way.
It was a lot of fun for a great cause!!
Here are some pictures.
Right after I took this, Daniel said "Don't shine me, mom!" He didn't want the camera to flash when I took his picture!


He is too funny!! My mom asked him yesterday, "Do you love your mom?" and he replied, "Yeah, her my lady."
Yeah, he can pretty much have whatever he wants from now on . . . I'm his lady.
I love that!!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

SUCCESS! I'm glad the flapjack fundraiser was successful. Thanks for posting photos.

Ugo said...

Saturday was a great time! I wish we'd have more times like that. That said...PIZZA SUNDAY!

Shelden said...

He is such a cute kid. he says the funniest things!! adorable