Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coming soon . . .

Perhaps I don't have enough to do.
I mean, maybe my "plate" just isn't full enough . . . 
Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment.
Or an overachiever.
Or maybe . . . just maybe . . . I love books and reading and writing (and having opinions) soooooo much, that I would do anything to get free books, have to read them, and then write my opinion about them (otherwise known as a book review).
I will be adding periodic book reviews to the content of this blog!
Why are you doing this? you might ask. Or, How?
Well, I recently signed up with BookSneeze through Thomas Nelson Publishers. They will send me free books of my choosing in exchange for a short (under 200 words), honest book review to be posted here and on one other consumer site (i.e. Amazon.com, or booksamillion.com, etc.).
I have already chosen my first book, and it should be en route to me even as I write this.
Free books! Really?! Can you beat that?
How can someone like me, who loves books and is always looking to expand my personal library,who loves to think about what I've read and discuss it, who loves to write, pass up an opportunity like this?
I can't.
So, in the near future, you will find a book review, or several, tucked in among the antics of my boys and stories of our everyday lives.
I'm pretty excited about the whole thing.
And I think I can find some room on that plate, right next to the mashed potatoes!

3 comments:

Shelden said...

For someone like you that is the perfect opportunity!

Shelden said...

p.s. How do you get your blog to look so cool? I wanted to do that to mine in a different way but didn't know how.

Michelle said...

That is PERFECT for you! I am so excited for you!