Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rainy days are perfect for . . .

Making a tent.
Playing a game on the computer.
Taking a nap.
And when a rainy day turns into a sunny day, sunny days are good for . . .

WATER GUN FIGHTS!!!

(Eventually, they resorted to the hose.)
And picking "flowers" in the yard.

And, apparently, walking.
Daniel, having had enough of his crawling lifestyle, picked himself up off the floor today and walked around the room like he'd been doing it all his life.
We were all stunned, and the boys clapped and cheered and jumped around, which made him laugh with glee.
I thought I wanted this.
As I watched him walking around this afternoon, I felt a twinge of sadness deep in my heart.
He no longer needs us, me, to get where he is going.
Daniel walks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Walking! How wonderful. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. It is great to hear about the day to day miracles in your household.

Amy

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

He Walks! Yehhhhh!

Shelden said...

Ditto Abby. Daniel looks so cute in those pics.