Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tennis, anyone?

Today was the first day of the tennis tournament.
It was sunny, but very cold (until a bit later this afternoon when the wind died down some).
Daniel and I set up camp in the truck, out of the chill wind.
Isaac did not play today. He will play doubles with Colton Friday morning. But he served as ball boy for a few of the games.
Josiah joined us after kindergarten.
Being outside can make you tired in a way few other things can, and by the time we got home, the boys had wind-burned faces (with a little sun in the mix, I'm sure). Their friend Avery spent the afternoon with us.

They did some homework and then . . . they went outside to fly kites and shoot hoops! As though they hadn't had enough of outside for one day! Boys . . .

For homegroup tonight we had Fika. There was a spread of Swedish food, and some domestic morsels too. There was a cheese so stinky . . ."how stinky was it?" Well, not stinky enough not to eat I guess. Several, of us tried it. It definitely tasted better than it smelled!
Joe and Ellen shared stories and video of the Sweden trip.

And a good time was had by all. . .
This day is done, and it was a good day.

4 comments:

Joe said...

It is days like today; simple, ordinary days... full of "boys" and "outsides" and "red faces" and "stinky" cheese that make me love my life.

Patti said...

i still say the cheese smelled like belly button - i know that's disgusting, but it's true....
and we all know that true=funny

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

Hey so we just left the hospital seeing the Harleys baby.
He is so cute! Well I'm exited about watching all of the great doubles tomarrow! I'm glad that I don't have to play tomarrow! All of the pressure is off.

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

I don't know why I can't spell TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!