Sunday, April 6, 2008

Snips, snails, puppy dog tails . . .and frogs, of course

We had some friends over today for Sunday dinner, and the boys and their friends were down by the pond at grandpa's, frog hunting.
Isaac caught all the frogs today, I think four in all.
I loved watching them slog around at the waters edge, hovering over the rippling water, up to their knees in rubber boots, excitement in their eyes, their voices over the fish and tadpoles and small frogs hopping all around.
Isaac kept saying things like, "Okay, it gets deep right off the edge here, so proceed with caution." or "There are snake holes over there, so proceed with caution."
"Yeah, cede with caution," Josiah would echo him.
They were having serious fun.
Daniel watched them too, yelling to them from the backyard, wanting to be with them messing about in the mud.
Soon enough, my son. Soon enough.








3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love, love, love that picture of Daniel. He looks like he's having a gigantic belly laugh. :)

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

Mud is the best! Diddo Michelle!

Shelden said...

I think it would be fun to catch frogs. That is the cutest picture of Daniel I have ever seen!!!!!