Friday, April 4, 2008

My son won a medal!


Tennis time again today.
Isaac and Colton played doubles. They lost their first game, but won their second, to take third place over all in junior boys doubles, and earning a bronze medal. I am so proud of him.

Jo, Daniel and I camped out in the truck again when Isaac wasn't playing.

It was another cold, cloudy day, but I was thrilled to see Isaac play. He made some great shots, and though he has trouble serving sometimes, when he was on he was on.
I found out that I am indeed still a rowdy sports mom.
I always think I will be quite and demure and clap in all the appropriate places, and somehow it slips my mind when I see my kids in action. I clap, I yell, I jump up and down.
Standing out in the cold for the second time this week has taken a toll, though, and I am feeling rather ill this evening.
I did manage to make celebration fare, however. These "Bronze Medal" ice cream sandwich cookies were easy because I cheated and made them with pre-packaged Toll House cookie dough.

Now, the boys are snug in their beds and I am going to settle down on the couch with tissues and Vicks and watch Becoming Jane before turning in for the night.

3 comments:

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

It was a great day today.

Jamison said...

Now why did you have to put the cookies on here? Now I want one....DJ

D3 said...

i loved that movie, joy. i watched that last weekend along with 'the darjeeling limited'-very funny. loved it. today, i watched 'no country for old men'--very violent and a little off beat but i liked it. hope you're feeling better. tell isaac auntie says Yay!!!