Saturday, April 5, 2008

Beautiful day



It was a gorgeous day!
So warm and sunny. It is hard to believe that yesterday, we were freezing!
Woke up this morning and made some apple cinnamon muffins for breakfast, then got ready for a morning of shopping with mom.
We dropped Josiah off at grandpa's, since we were shopping for his birthday, and Isaac, Daniel, mom and I hit the stores.
Little man Jo will be six next week. When did that happen?
He is having a cowboy birthday party. He loves cowboys and horses. He does not come by that naturally. In fact, I have no idea where that came from. My husband and I are city folk. I should have guessed we were in trouble when we took him for shoes one day and he fell in love with a pair of cowboy boots he just had to have. He wears those boots all the time!! This is a kid who doesn't even like shoes most days. He is too funny.
I have some great party ideas (well, my mom does, really) and will blog more about party prep later.
I found some nice strawberries. I love strawberries. I love to wash and hull and cut them, standing at the sink, looking out the open window, handling the ripe red fruit. There is an earthy sweet smell to strawberries.

After shopping, we split up and mom took the boys to a birthday party while Joe and I visited friends. We discussed flooring for the new house, and just hung out. We had a great time. And the coffee was killer!
We had chocolate mint brownies! Yum.
Our friends said they are so simple. Just add pieces of Andes mints (chop them up) to regular brownie mix, and you have a pan of chocolaty, minty goodness. Again, yum.
The boys played together when we got home. Isaac discovered he could hang from the basketball hoop after dunking (they were playing with a football, trying to sink it, "killing two birds with one stone," as Isaac put it. Where did he come from?)

We had a late dinner and Isaac had some studying to do.
By the time we got baths and had devotions, it was later than I wanted it to be, but the boys are all asleep now, and, as always, I should be.
After Daniel's bath, I had to take pics of his hair! It is so curly. He is my curly headed baby. I thought they would all have curly hair, but each of them has hair that is so different, it's crazy. They are all so handsome, though.

This passage was from our devotions this evening. Sometimes we read from a great little book called God's Words of Life for Kids. It has topics, like "Being Thankful", "Forgiving Others", "Giving to Others", "God Saves You", "Loving God", "Loving Others", etc.
Each topic has about 15 scripture references that pertain to it, and then there is a short devotional reading about that topic and how to apply the scriptures to your life. It is really neat, and great for kids. Easy to understand and not too long.
Tonight's topic was God Shows You What To Do. Here is a passage from it that I loved, and I will leave you on this note:
"Suppose I were to rise with the sun in the east and then cross over to the west where it sinks into the ocean. Your hand would always be there to guide me, Lord. Your right hand would still be holding me close."
Psalm 139:9-10 (NIRV)

3 comments:

Shelden said...

I can't believe Josiah is going to be six!

Lots of love,
-Shelden

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

It was a beautiful day yesterday. Josiah is getting so big! I cannot belive that he is going to be six!! I love him! give him all of my love! AND big hugs and kisses!!!!

Kerri said...

Oh man - Daniel's hair is SO curly in that photo. What a cutie.