Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving . . . in retrospect

Thanksgiving has come and gone, just as I knew it would.
Just as it always does.
But I have pictures to prove it was here.
And this to say about it: It was a warm and wonderful day, and my home blazed with the fires of friendship long into the evening.
Family and friends.
People.
Lots of people. Came and went. Stayed. Ate. Laughed. Played. Watched. Talked. Loved. Ate some more.
It was money.
And I wouldn't have changed a thing about it!
Well, maybe one thing.
Our good friends, Micah and Sarah, had a good habit of coming over for Thanksgiving. Something they've broken since moving to Korea. We've missed them. Our gatherings, though awesome, are just not the same without them. But I hear tell they are coming back soon. You know what that means, guys. Right? Next year, Thanksgiving at our house. Don't forget, you owe me one for the pizza debacle. : )
So, I'm thankful for so, so, so many things. My husband, who is possibly the best man I know. Definitely!
And my boys.
And my family.
And my friends.
Basically, people.




And food.
Lots of de-lish, mouth watering food!

1 comment:

Em said...

It was a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! I agree with you on the whole Micah and Sarah missing situation though... Thank you for opening your home to me so much! I appreciate you and love you, Joy. Great pics, by the way...