Tuesday, November 24, 2009

All creatures great and small . . .

The weather here sort of flip-flops, and it has been quite warm these last few days.
Last night, when my boys came home from boy-scouts, a moth flew into the house with them.
Daniel spied the moth, and in a flurry of excitement he was jumping up and down and announcing the small creature's arrival to all of us in the house . . . and a few neighbors, too!! (He can be a very loud little man sometimes.)
Joe lifted him up so he could get a better look at the moth, who had come to rest on the edge of a light.
As soon as Joe put him down, Daniel came running to me with an idea.
"Mom, we need to water him and feed him, mom."
So, we did.
We got out a bowl and put a bit of water in it, and a little container which I let Daniel break some lettuce off into, and we set it out on the table.
Then, ever so carefully, so I wouldn't "die him", I collected our unusual guest and sat him at the table with his food.
We watched him for a minute, but he flew off to an upper corner of the room.
He must not have been hungry.
Here he is . . . our special guest whom Daniel wanted to feed. Daniel is so hospitable!!
He's the small white speck on the chair.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

haha too funny

Mary Martin Shilale said...

Joy, I love how you notice every little thing. You are amazing. All God's creatures big and small. I love you!!!!

Mary Martin Shilale said...

OMG Joy, I love how you notice every thing....All of God's creatures big and small....I love you!!!!