Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lord of the Dance!

Went to see Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance with my mom on Monday evening.
What a great show!
My dad loved Irish dance and music.
All things Irish, actually.
With a last name like Flanagan, I guess that was to be expected.
So, when mom found out that Lord of the Dance was coming to town, she jumped on the opportunity to get tickets, and I, of course, agreed to share the experience with her. You don't pass up a show like that when you live in a town like this!
We went in honor of my dad, gone from us three years this month.
What a way to celebrate him!
He would have loved it!
Dad had the chance to see Michael Flatley when he was with Riverdance many, many years ago, and he really enjoyed that.
The show mom and I saw was spectacular! One of those shows you'll always remember. I do love me a good show.
I can't say it made me miss my dad any more.
I miss him so much already, nothing really makes me miss him more.
But I smiled, and cried a little, and thought of him, and wondered if he was doing an Irish jig in heaven.
It made me laugh to think of it, dad dancing a jig.
I laughed out loud.
I'm sure of this though. Whatever he is doing, he is not wearing shiny black pants!

2 comments:

Em said...

Great post, Joy... I'm not going to lie, I started crying. I miss Bill. He was TRULY a great man.

Patti said...

Can you even imagine Uncle Bill in shiny, black pants? Yikes!