Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A blast from the past

Are you sitting down?
If not, you probably should be.
I say this because I do not want you to have too far to fall when you collapse on the ground in laughter at what is coming next.
Ready for this?
Are you sure?
Recognize anyone in this photo?

What are those pants?
What was I thinking?
Actually, I'm sporting the height of 80's fashion there.
Yep. A real fashion plate.
This is a picture of me and my best friend, Kia Gaines McCarthy, around . . . oh, I'd say eighth, ninth grade. It was taken at a park in Kearny, NJ during gym class.
Yeah, we look like we're sweating it up and learning lots about physical education, don't we?
Also, notice how the park is entirely concrete.
Crazy!
When I saw this the other night, posted on my high school alumnus facebook page, it certainly brought me back.
I thought I would share it here, for posterity.
I didn't even know this picture existed.
I sure know it now.
And so do you.
Bet you wish you didn't! : )

8 comments:

Michelle said...

HA! LOVE it. And I have plenty of my own pics from that era that are scary...I think you are gorgeous then and now, though.

Kris H. said...

Oh yeah, 80's styles. Ya just have to love 'em.

AWESOME pants. I rolled when I saw that photo.

And yeah, thinking back, that park was really depressing, wasn't it? If you fell off of the swings or whatever sad piece of equipment they had, you were in trouble!

Can you say GHETTO??? haha. The good ol' days.

Patti said...

what i love about that photo is how you totally coordinated the black and bright blue slouch socks to go with your bright blue undershirt and black tied-in-the-front button up shirt...and then you threw in those wacky yellow pants. can we get a csi in here to determine what "design" is on those bad boys?

Joy said...

Pretty sure they were brightly colored sunglasses.

Patti said...

well....that's just frightening

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

WOW

Jamison said...

Dig the pants. I more so dig the hair do. Funny.

Shelden said...

I agree with my Dad love the pants and the hair. My mom did have some wicked hair doows.