Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails . . . and sometimes, sentiment

I have been having a bit of trouble with my internet connection, and so have not written as much as I would like of late.
But I had to fight through all the "no service" spots in my house until I found one that would work to write about this.
Today, on the way back from a dentists appointment for the boys in Joplin (where Josiah had a tooth pulled! Yikes!), we took an unusual way home, and were driving past beautiful, sprawling farms.
Yes, I was lusting.
The sun was shinning and we were happy again (Jo wasn't so happy about losing his tooth for a while :).
I asked, "So, if we were going to name our "farm", what would we call it?"
Isaac said "I don't know . . . "
Josiah had a wad of gauze in his mouth and was content to let us discuss this one without him.
"C'mon. What do you think?" I asked again.
After a moment, Isaac said, "Safe and sound. Safe and Sound Farm."
I have never felt so warm and fuzzy inside in all my life!!
"Awwww. That's great, Isaac! I love it!"
"Yeah, it was the name of that road back there," he said.
But I think it is no less great that he would associate safe and sound with our family.
Safe and Sound Family Farm.
I think it has a nice ring to it.

3 comments:

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

That is a cool name!

Patti said...

I love that kid.

Shelden said...

I would have never thought of that name for a farm.