Thursday, April 29, 2010

Today . . .

Today the cool breeze blows through our windows, sweeping around the house.
The curtains that frame our large living room window billow out like sails.
Daniel climbs up on the bench in front of them.
"This is my stage!" he says.
This spot in front of the big picture window has been one of his favorite places for a long time. Usually, he sits in pensive mood, looking at the birds on the lawn and the cars riding past. Watching the world go by. Or he jumps up there when he hears a siren, looking for the excitement of a red fire truck whizzing by. And today, it is his stage. His place to explore his voice. To be "on".
He is so funny and so sweet. He lights my smile up from inside my face until I feel like it will crack, and I will become a ball of light and laughter, rising like the sun.
Who else can fill us with such feelings like our children?
No one.
Today, I am feeling better, but not yet my best self. I think the cool air, the sunlight that splatters on the walls and the floor beckoning to come out and play, the prospect of getting out of the house, will help.
Today, I will put one foot in front of the other. I will move forward. I will breathe.
Today, I will enjoy the simple blessings. I will smile at my sons. I will embrace my life and live it the best way I know how, and learn how to live it even better.
Today, I will bless the Maker of all things bright and beautiful. I will thank the Healer. I will remember the faithfulness.
Today is going to be a great day!

No comments: