Friday, December 11, 2009

Missing . . .

Not that I don't miss them on a Tuesday in the middle of April.
Or a weekend when there is nothing at all going on.
I do.
But somehow, all the lights, all the laughing and family time and . . . memories of Christmas past, make me miss them more.
I miss you, Dad and Gram.
You are felt in every cookie I bake, every shopping trip I take, every flicker of the lights and every splinter of laughter.
You are seen in every smile on my children's faces.
For you, Christmas is everyday!!
You are living what Jesus came for!
What joy!
Thank you, Jesus, that you were born to turn death upside down!!

4 comments:

Patti said...

Ditto :(

PS: my word is 'moofias' - all i can think of is good cows falling in with the wrong crowd

Joy N. said...

Hahahaha! Moofias!!! I need a picture of this!! It's cracking me up!

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

I miss them too.

Shelden said...

no comment. you said it all.