Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Two for the road

Blogging is free.
I should do it more often.
But then, there's that time thing.
Oh, well. I'll get what I can and give it away.
Craziness, I know.
So, here are some "road" stories.
The other day, as we were getting into the car to head to school, Daniel spied a fly buzzing lazily around near his car seat.
Daniel does not like flies. I won't mention where he gets that from.
Anyway, he began waving his arms and yelling to me, "A fly! A Fly! Die him mom!! Die him!"
I thought this was cute.
Later that same day, in the car on the way home from school, Josiah said "bird church . . . " and sure enough, there were several dozen birds on the telephone wire above, and I remembered that Isaac always used to call birds gathered together up there on those wires bird church. I smiled, again.
I don't ever want it to stop, these child's-eye observations and exclamations of my beautiful young boys!

6 comments:

Em said...

YAY!!!! Another blog finally!!!! Those stores of your boys are so cute, Joy, as is every story about them. You have such wonderful boys. I so enjoy reading your stories about them. It's so encouraging to me as a mother to read your blogs. Love you and miss you!
Em
P.S. holatirt is my verification word... The word verification thing always amuses me. :)

Kerri said...

Blogging IS free and you have a way with words therefore you should blog way more often. I love you Joy!

Patti said...

Since Isaac, the idea of "bird church" has creeped me out.

Em...I love the word verification thing, too. Mine is "lessi". Sort of like, Lassie?

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

"Die him mom!"
I love it!!!!!

Michelle said...

Bird church. Love it!
My weird word it plighth.

Shelden said...

The one about the fly is priceless!