Thursday, September 17, 2009

One of those days . . .

It is just now 9 a.m.
Actually, it is 8:56 by my computer clock.
Already,
1) Daniel has drenched my kitchen counters and floors with water while he was "doing dishes."
The good news: they are now infinitely cleaner than they were before he sprayed them down to the point of waterlogged-ness with the "water gun" sink sprayer thing.
2) I found gum in the dryer, after falsely believing that I rescued all the gum from the washer yesterday, so as to save it and all our nice clean clothes from having it melted to goo all over the place.
Nope. There was a lone hanger-on-er.
Yep. While the gum most certainly deserves what he got for hiding out in the wet laundry, I would like to believe that I certainly do not.
Oh, well. What does deserving have to do with anything anyway, right?
There is no good news about this one, by the way.
3) I found his diaper on the hall floor with a sporadic trail of pee-pee leading to his toilet seat, where he finished up his business.
The good news: I'm pretty sure you can figure out the good news in this story yourself.
But you know what made everyone one of those pull-my-hair-out-and-run-screaming-from-the-house moments worth it?
Making muffins with him this morning, letting him lick the batter, and him looking up at me with a big, sparkling smile, crinkling his small face and giggling, batter dripping from his nose.
Yep. Somehow, none of that other stuff seems so big compared to those big baby blues!
Of course . . . it is only 9:14 a.m. . . .

3 comments: