Friday, January 9, 2009

The best laid plans of mice and men . . . or, in this case, women

So, I had this idea that I was going to be a more faithful blogger this year. Yup. I was all ready to blog my little heart out.
Two things.
1. We currently have no internet access at home for an undetermined amount of time due to wanting to find the best provider with the most to offer for the least amount of moola (who dosen't, right?).
2. My son, (I will not disclose which beloved son I refer to) spilled coffee on my computer today, and, well, let's just say the prognosis is not good. I am still holding out hope, but all it does is sputter and sigh and then all the little green lights go off. I tell ya, it's not pretty, people.
So, it may be touch and go for a while.
I did want to write a little about Daniel and what he is saying these days.
He's smart. And I'm not just saying that because I'm his mother :). He can say about 60 words.
However it is not the ones he can say correctly and clearly that thrill my heart. It is the words he has come up with on his own for things that I love to hear!
Sure he can name about 10 different animals and make the corresponding sounds for each, but it is when he calls the phone a "bong" that I smile the most.
His binki is his "bunk"; pencils, markers, anything to write with, really, are "baubbles"; the moon is actually the "moom"; he dosen't take a bath, but a "bahsh"; for some reason only he knows, his Aunt Kathy is YaYa to him.
I love listening to his little his little voice trying to figure this crazy language out.
It so reminds me of things my other boys said when they were little . . . Isaac called a fork a "shoo-k". Josiah called ketchup, "kepetch" and mustard, "mustup."
One day, when he is talking rings around me, I will look at him and have a flash of memory of him jumping up when the phone rings and declaring, "Mom! A bong!!!"

2 comments:

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

AWWW! your little man is even MORE cute than he already is!

Kris H. said...

That's awesome. It's good to read ya again, Joy!

Yes, I remember when Marissa used to call her father "Toe-y" (for Tony) when she was two years old. She also used to roam around, saying, "ww.com" (yes, just two W's) I'm not really sure why, but I guess her affinity for the computer was showing, even back then! haha

-k